The arthritis walk was this morning. I was thrilled the past few months to see that I was still the top fundraiser with $615, but of course my bubble burst. I saw that yesterday a little girl named Hailey (11 years old and has rheumatoid arthritis) stole my thunder and won top billing with well over $1000 in donations. You all know I like to win everything, so this was devestating for me. Then this morning I met her. It turns out this whole walk was in her honor. (Head hanging low). I gave myself a good slap in the face and remembered that I was doing this for Jill to begin with and it doesn't matter if I "win" or not, because I still have painfree full use of all my joints. So I'm considering myself - and everyone else who donated - winners because we raised a lot of money for a fabulous person. AND I GOT A T-SHIRT!!!
We had great weather for the walk. Danica had a blast running around and eating brownies - yum, yum! And of course I forgot my camera. Duane did get a couple pictures on his phone so we can show Jill the turnout. Great time had by all!
Dani and I went garage sale shopping yesterday and hit the mother-load! We got a "little tykes" kitchen set for her. It's HUGE and too cute with lots and lots of dishes and such. She's absolutely loving it. She hasn't played with anything else since we set it up. We also got her a shopping cart (to teach her the importance of a good sale at an early age), and a jeep. It's the kind that goes with the push of a peddle, but it needs new batteries. The jeep was $10 and the batteries will cost us about $50... typical!!
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Ego shmeego!
Posted by Erica at Saturday, May 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I am so happy to hear you had such a great morning and feel absolutely blessed to have you as my sister-in-love. I am so grateful to all our friends and and family that have donated to a cause that has changed my life in many ways. Thank you so very much, looking forward to hearing more about it!
Post a Comment