I read this in a weekly devotional I get on facebook, and I thought it was good enough to share:
"Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny."
I love that! So many people justify badmouthing others by saying that everyone does it and it's normal. Think of someone you know who is a badmouther... it's generally not someone you like to be around... they're ugly (inside). Hard to remember not to say hateful words or say things in a hateful tone, but maybe trying to change our thoughts will help. When I catch myself thinking something bad about someone, I'm going to make an effort to think about what I like about that person. Join me? Maybe we'll change our destiny's!!! (at the very least, others will think better of us)
Monday, August 23, 2010
Posted by Erica at Monday, August 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment