CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes

Some recent conversations:

About a week ago, driving, I almost got hit by someone.
I accidentally said, "oh shit." Quietly, but I still said it. A split second later I cringed and waited.
Dani says, "Mommy, why'd you say shit? Why'd you say shit Mommy? Mommy? Mommy? Why'd you say shit Mommy? Why'd you say shit? Why'd you say shit? Why'd you say shit? Mommy? Mommy!!! Why'd you say shit Mommy??!!"
Ya, it wasn't stopping. So I had to say sorry, it's not a nice word, we don't say that.

At the dinner table tonight Dani tooted REALLY loud. I looked at her with wide eyes and said, "what was that??!!" Dani said, "my bum," like I'm an idiot for even asking.

Our neighbor girls were over a few days ago, and the six year old was bragging that she could count to 30. So I told her to go ahead. She got up to 15 and got stumped. Dani yells, "it's 16!!!" I had a huge inside smile... my two year old handed that six year old her bum on a stick!

Stay tuned for more.

0 comments: