Well, I just made my first call to the poison control center. I knew having that number posted would be handy some day!
Danica found our hand sanitizer up on her dresser and was having a sweet old time with it. I asked her if she ate some and she said yes, so I smelled her breath and she smelled suspiciously sanitized. I remember getting an e-mail a few months back about this very thing. It said to get rid of all hand sanitizer in the house because kids eat it (cuz it smells good) and the alcohol in it can get them drunk or worse. Guess I didn't listen too well, cuz we didn't get rid of it.
Not to worry though. The nice lady told me what to do - give her a sugary drink and a snack and watch for signs of drunkenness. ???? Drunkenness??? I knew this day would happen... she is my child after all, but so soon?
It's been over an hour, and not a slurred word has been spoken, not a tumble, not a trip, and she hasn't asked for a cigarette. So I think we're in the clear.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
The Pritchard genetics strike again
Posted by Erica at Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi: Had to leave a comment. Glad to hear everything turned out well and Danica is ok. Think your blogging is great and sometimes pop over to see how fast your little girl is growing. You have a way with words Erica. A comical attitude after something that was so scarey. Take care. Welcome back to ND. Helen
Ah cigs and hand sanitizer go together like pb and j. haha
HAHA! Too funny Jaycie!
Helen, It's so nice of you to ready the blog... thanks for tuning in!
Post a Comment