My polka-dot princesses
A rare family photo!
Flowers for my dear Afi
The great-grandkids (minus Keni).
Such a good-looking family!!!
What a tough couple weeks it has been. Our sweet Afi got awfully sick and passed last Wednesday. Everyone will miss him so much. During the prayer service we were all telling our stories and thoughts of Afi. Even Danica spoke up and said how much she loved Afi and how much he loved her. So true. I couldn't say what I wanted because I was a big boo-hooer. So here's what I was thinking... there's never been a better Grandpa than my Afi. I stayed at their house very often growing up, and he was a large part of the love in that house. He wasn't the normal hands off kinda grandpa. He very gently combed my hair for me, he made me cereal late at night when we were up watching late night tv, and he always made me his special Graham crackers with powdered sugar frosting treat. I don't remember him ever raising his voice at us, although he probably had many reasons to.
When I got the call of Afi's passing, I was looking out the door and a butterfly hovered right at the door with me the whole time and for a few minutes after the call. I'm pretty certain it was him. We had a little chat and then he flew away. But he keeps checking on me and my girls who he was so fond of... every day I see him.
1 comments:
Well said hon. He'd be proud. One way or another he's heard what you had to say. I love you.
Post a Comment